Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rain, rain- go away please

As much as I love this rain because it cools things down a bit, I wish it would simply stop so that the building can progress. A bit selfish on my part, I know. At the moment the house is still in the framing stage although the other day they started putting the steel frame on the roof trusses to hold the Colorbond roof in place. So the next step is to put the roof on, but unless it stops raining, then it's a standstill. I was hoping to see the roof on before I leave for Vietnam. And I just checked the weather and it looks like it is going to rain off and on all next week.
  

WindRainHumidMinMax
SUNShowers EarlyShowers Early. Morning Clouds. Mild. Humid.35 km/h
SE
1mm
(35%)
76%2026
MONPartly CloudyPartly Cloudy. Mild. Breezy.29 km/h
ESE
-63%2027
TUEShowers EarlyShowers Early. Mostly Sunny. Mild. Humid.23 km/h
E
1mm
(35%)
69%2027
WEDMostly SunnyMostly Sunny. Mild.15 km/h
E
-75%2027
THUA Few ShowersA Few Showers. Mostly Sunny. Mild. Humid.19 km/h
ENE
2mm
(35%)
68%1928
FRIMostly SunnyMostly Sunny. Warm. Humid.17 km/h
ENE
-76%2128
SATMostly SunnyMostly Sunny. Mild.22 km/h
E
-66%2128



I guess I can simply be patient, but as the roof colour was one of the most difficult decisions in terms of colour selection, I am a bit antsy. We didn't want to go too light, but not dark either. And of course, the crucial question- will it match the render, linea board and brick? In the meantime I can imagine that the roof will look something like this:



It's not a cream, more like a grey, green, cream tinge all mixed together. And the garage door and the down pipes are also in evening haze. We decided to contrast the guttering and fascia and use Monument which is not exactly a black, more of a charcoal grey (one of our favourite colours).



We also have our feature pillars in monument as well as our window frames. I can't wait to see it all put together- so exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment