Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Autumn!

The first day of autumn- my favourite season although here in Brisbane it is still very hot and no orange or brown leaves in sight. Alas. I miss Californian autumns. I guess I can always view images like these when I get nostalgic.




Now back to the house- I went for a visit yesterday and it looks like all the framing is up. Second level is complete with roof trusses on. Some metal rods have also been added to the frames, although I have no idea what that means...but I assume it is good?.

It is good to see the house take shape and it gives us an idea how we should landscape. I can already see the shed tucked away in one of the corners as well as my foldable clothelines (much to the chagrin of my in-laws who live and breathe the rotary clothesline!) on one of the fences. And we also have room for a decent size cricket pitch for the kids and an extended patio off our alfresco, plus of course the mandatory pool. Any recommendations on pool companies folks?

We are thinking of fencing our front yard so that the kids have more room to play, but we will wait and see on that as right across the road is the communal park in our estate. It has a nice grassed area as well as a level path for the kids to ride their ripsticks.





Finally managed to get a photo of the front of the house (although fenced in).



I am going away for 2 weeks next week so hubby will hopefully take over with the updating of the blog because I assume a lot will be happening then. If not, we may have to wait until I come back.

3 comments:

  1. I am amazed at the progress!!

    Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- it's crazy isn't it. They had a break today to work on our neighbour's house. They are building 4 homes in our estate! I hope our next door neighbour isn't building the same home. I might ask our Site supervisor that when I see him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your blog, I can learn some new knowledge, I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

    _____________________
    Plantation shutters brisbane

    ReplyDelete