Tuesday, April 5, 2011

And we've got walls!

Our home is definitely coming on, again with pretty amazing speed. In last night's post, I mention that it would be wonderful if we had walls up....and sure enough ALL walls are up. My little boy and I wandered through the downstairs of the house today and were amazed to see the rooms come to life. It is amazing what plaster can do!

Here are some photos as promised:

The kitchen- the heart of our home! The opening there is the butler's pantry


And here is the butler's pantry all plastered



And the soul of the house- the library!

Not happy about the window here or the one in our main bedroom- I wish we had paid more attention to the plans. I don't like how they open out! It's too late to do anything about them, without incurring more charge, so we are going to have to live with them! If you are thinking of building, pay attention to everything, including windows....Serves us right for being such busy people and overlooking important things like that!

Now the front of the house is looking like this at the moment:




The front cladding still needs to be done (perhaps by the end of this week) and of course the render facade needs to be painted! A few more things on the outside and then the chippy arrives to build the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry! Oh did I mention that the brick is growing on me....







2 comments:

  1. I've been checking your blog for progress, and so finally.... wow!!! Since you've walked me through, I know just where the pantry and the library are. Awesome! What do you mean about the windows opening out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    i wanted to thank you for your kind words on my site. I am really sorry its taken so long to see it but its really crazy for me right now and havent had the time to upkeep my blog.
    i will soon promise.
    you have a lovely home your building there and i will keep up to date.
    love the pools awesome.
    chat again soon
    ciao
    Pedro

    ReplyDelete