Monday, April 25, 2011

Beautiful rugs

Hello folks- I know it's been a while since I last posted anything. As some of you know I have been traversing the world; currently I am here with hubby in Damascus, taking it all in.

So I honestly have no idea what is happening with the house. I assume, as usual, Plantation Homes is going at it with full steam. So probably by the time we get back most of the external will be done?

While we were in Turkey we indulged and bought some absolutely stunning rugs for our new place. Originally I had wanted modern style rugs for our place, but after seeing all these works of art, I couldn't resist. All handmade with stories of their own, especially the antique one (last one). And all excellent quality. We can't wait to see them in our new house.


This blue rug is going in our family room- a perfect contrast to the red accessories and dark wood (I hope)

This beauty is going in the front lounge room

This one is about 40 years old and going in our library

These photos really don't do the rugs justice. They are breathtakingly stunning pieces of handmade art.

2 comments:

  1. Love the rugs, Nora! Wish I was there shopping too! Can't wait to see them in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fadz, Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Been so busy since we got back. Unfortunately Turkey isn't the cheapest place to shop for things as our dollar doesn't go as far as some other places, like Syria. Still we knew we wanted to buy at least one rug and ended up with all three...long story.

    ReplyDelete