Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An obsession with books

It's cold outside, but I am warm and cozy in my home library! Though it still needs a lounge or library wing chair or armchair (I haven't decided yet), the library is basically done. Our treasured antique Turkish rug takes centre stage and the bookcases have lined one full wall. Books and treasured decorative finds and gifts from friends are also on display. Here's a sneek peek folks:

 From a slightly different perspective.


And some close-ups:

A few of the awards hubby and I have received for doing work in the community.


Some of my favourite Palestinian pottery in front of the AMARAH civilisation books.



I love this black and white silk painting given by my little brother Salam. The painting is from a market in Malaysia.


And the shelves showcasing the books for my PhD.



Mind you most of these books in the library are mine- hubby's are in his office at work, but in the next few months, he will have to bring them home while his office building is being refurbished. I wonder if there is enough room? Hmm. I guess I will have to share.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Fadz! I can't wait to get some sort of seating in here so I don't have to move into another room to read!

    ReplyDelete