Friday, February 25, 2011

Lots of Pine everywhere

Kids and I managed to get to the building site before the sun had gone down and took some photos of the framing stage.

So now we not only have the first floor framing done, but also the second floor is up. They only need to put up the roof trusses and then the framing is completed. Then I believe it's the guttering, roofing (and because we are getting colorbond it will be on pretty quickly too) and of course the windows. Then doors (front and garage) and then we will be locked out. :(

So this is what our build looks like in all its timber glory, This is the side of the house. See the opening (indent) on the ground floor- that's my large window of my beloved library!



This is what the front of the house looks like. Sorry I couldn't get the whole shot as I was too close. There's a fence behind me that prevents me from going further back.




Plantation Homes has not only been busy building our house with speed, but also they are building the house on the corner of our estate as well as our next door neigbour's house (see photo below) At least we will all completing our build around the same time- less noise, dust and construction traffic.




This is one of the most exciting stages of the build...to see your house dressed in all its timber finery! But I guess the character of the house truly reveals itself when all the colours come together...render, roof, garage, windows, guttering, and brick. I hope we managed to pick the right colours. If anyone has been through this process they know how difficult colour selection is, but I guess you won't know until you it is all put together. Any good or bad experiences friends with house colours?

2 comments:

  1. I spoke to BW on Friday morning and in convo told him to look after you guys! He can't belive how many people blog and chat online re: houses LOL... Colours are stressful but if you had an idea of what you wanted it should turn out fine... We are really happy with our colours only problem is next door has picked almost the same colour as us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting a good work in for us. We haven't heard from BW for a while now but assume he will be in touch with us very soon as the framing is basically done. I really like your colours too...they are modern and fresh. Shame about your neighbours having the same colours as you- oh well, they copied from the best! :)
    How did your red splashback go in the kitchen btw? I am quite nervous about mine (I think we went with different shades of red), but I am sure it will look fabulous once everything is put together.Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete