Sunday, June 12, 2011

Absolutely Breathless Speed

I had a lovely chat to our Site Supervisor and our Adminstrator who advised that our handover is scheduled for the 3rd week of June, which means that the house will be in our possession in less than 2 weeks. OMG!!!!

As exciting as that prospect is, there is just so much work to be done in terms of organising the concreting and the decking. And honestly, I have been so wrapped up in other insane, emotional stuff this last week that I have neglected all these chores. I guess I better get a move on it. I did, however, manage to secure the aluminium shutters on Friday at a reasonable price.  And they are willing to install them in just a few weeks time so a YAY for that.

In hindsight, it would have been so much easier to get the builder to organise everything so that the house is all ready to move in at handover. However, as we wanted items not readily available (bamboo flooring, aluminium security shutters, anti-allergen wool carpet) by the builder and we did not want to pay the 20 % mark up, we forgo that convenience. I just wished I had been more organised; actually I really wished I had more hours in my day to do everything I need to do. Does this sound familiar anyone? Alas, I will simply have to crack the whip. So here's my checklist (hope this helps those in the same boat!):

To do by end of this week:
  • Organise 3 concreting quotes
  • Organise 3 decking quotes
  • Order lounges for family and lounge room from furniture maker
  • Organise 3 fencing quotes
  • Organise quotes for the pool
  • Organise turf quotes
To do immediately after handover:
  • Lay bamboo flooring
  • Get carpet laid
  • Get decking installed
  • Get concrete driveway and paths laid
  • Get turf laid
  • Get fencing constructed
  • Have security shutters installed
To do by end of June:
  • Buy our daughter's new bed and mattress
  • Buy dining chairs for our new dining table
  • Buy new bookcase to go into our library
  • Buy and install garden shed
  • Get electrician to install dining room pendant light
The rest of the landscaping will happen once we move in. Anyhow I feel like I am missing a few important things but not sure what? If you notice something missing, drop me a reminder please. Oh yes, we are having a walk through the house with our Site Supervisor this Tuesday so I should be able to update you further then. Until then folks, enjoy the long weekend if you are here in Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment