Monday, June 27, 2011

We are almost there

Sorry for the absence folks. We got handover last Thursday and it's been full-on since then. Hubby and our eldest boy have been busy laying the bamboo floorboards and I have been trying to help out there, plus pack up our stuff from our current house so that it can be ready to go on the market by end of next week!!!! And I have been running to Bunnings almost twice a day for this supply or that. I am a regular there now :). But as exhausting as it has been, we haven't mind too much. Laying the floorboards by ourselves has meant that we are putting something of ourselves into the build of the house. And we are so love in love with the floorboards, we sigh each time we see them. Here's a sneak peek:




This was on the second night. Hubby and our eldest son managed to finish the lounge room, the hallway, the huge family room and half of the library so far. Just the dining room, kitchen and pantry to go.

The finished hallway. I love the semi-gloss look. It just sparkles but is not too high maintenance. Oh yes, notice the splashes of red here and there?


Our youngest loves the vacuum maid so much that he looks for every opportunity to vacuum. Yes, poor thing was so bored! :) I hope he still loves the vacuum maid in a few weeks time when I may actually ask him to do it.

This week we are having our carpet installed, the concreting done and most of our furniture delivered. So I should be able so post some more photos in the next coming days. Till then my friends- have a great and productive week.


No comments:

Post a Comment