Friday, June 17, 2011

Countdown Time

So much has been happening here that I haven't had time to update everyone. But the latest and most exciting news is that our handover is in less than 1 week. That's right folks- we get the keys to our new house next week. We are all so excited, especially my little girl who can't wait to have her own bathroom so that she doesn't have to share with her two brothers anymore!

But for those who have built before, you know that the hard work only starts after handover. The concreter has been booked to come in immediately, bamboo flooring will be laid by hubby and then the carpet gets laid. Then we have the guys install the decking and another lot install the shutters. Then it's the turf and landscaping. So much to organise and manage,but hopefully it won't be long until we can finally settle into our new home.

I wanted to upload some photos but I thought I might wait until we get handover....oh what the heck, I shall upload a few now to give you folks a glimpse of what it's looking like. Don't mind the dust and dirt everywhere- the cleaners come next week to get the place sparkling.



The view of the kitchen from our library. Btw I love the red glass splashback!



I love the dark stain of these sliding doors. I love these doors, period!



Our ensuite- hubby chose most of the colours



The large bathtub in our ensuite- what a luxury. We may even get to use it as we have a huge watertank installed


Our library doors, stained in a dark chocolate colour. Our other splurge but well worth the extra dollars I think.






No comments:

Post a Comment