Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Do you like the colour?

I had to cancel all my appointments and engagements today as the shutter guys could not finish the installation yesterday. And they have to come back again tomorrow morning to finish one more window and install the crimsafe for our external doors. Luckily I don't have any meetings in the morning! As the guys told me- we have a massive home with a lot of windows so one day wasn't going to finish it!

Now that most of the shutters are installed, hubby asked how I felt about them. Honestly, I don't know.... I love the shutters themselves, don't get me wrong, but I wonder if the colour suits. I am looking at them now as I type this. As many of you know I am so in love, LOVE with dark wood. There is something so regal, graceful, yet warm and cozy that dark wood conveys to me.






Mind you, dark wooden furniture is a nightmare to keep clean (you can see EVERY speck of dust), but I don't care. I love the look anyway.

So when it came to the colour of the shutters, we had a range of whites to choose from, at the standard price, and we would have had to pay a few thousand more to get a darker colour. In the end (when money (or lack of it) is always an issue) we decided to go with the standard range of whites and choose a birch white, which is a soft, creamy white. The owner of the company thought we made an excellent choice as the colour would go with anything and should we change our colour scheme (such as paint colour) later on, we wouldn't have to worry about the clash. And as hubby pointed out, we can't have too much dark furniture either- the place would be extremely depressing. I know he is right! I mean, the bamboo flooring is the darkest stain there is, our furniture is all dark wood, our kitchen cabinets is burnished wood (dark again!), even our paint colour is dark, so dark shutters would be an overkill. BUT.....I know there is no but. The light shutters are perfect. Right?  Here are some photos of the external showcasing the shutters. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment